- Book Now
- Before & After
- Non-Surgical BBL
- Before & After
- All Treatments
- Before & After
About Dr. Bassiri-Tehrani
Born and raised in New York, Dr. Brian Bassiri-Tehrani is a NYC plastic surgeon that joined the Pearlman Aesthetic Surgery team in 2023. Holding a number of different honors, certifications, and professional memberships, Dr. Bassiri-Tehrani is a highly skilled plastic surgeon who combines his passion for medicine and love for aesthetics to create amazing results and help patients unlock their full potential.
Through the art of plastic surgery, I am able to help patients unlock the full potential of their beauty and feel empowered to live life to the fullest.
Before beginning a career in aesthetic plastic surgery, Dr. Bassiri-Tehrani completed his undergraduate studies and medical school at The City College of New York and Stony Brook University, School of Medicine.
Following medical school, he underwent his intern year in Boston at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center before returning to New York to complete his General Surgery Residency at Lenox Hill Hospital, Northwell Health. Dr. Bassiri-Tehrani then went on to do his Plastic Surgery Residency at The University of Illinois at Chicago and an Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship in Atlanta with world-renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Foad Nahai. Dr. Bassiri-Tehrani is board-certified by the American Board of Surgery.
In 2023, Dr. Bassiri-Tehrani returned to his home of New York to join the team at Pearlman Aesthetic Surgery, where he continues to use his extensive medical knowledge to create transformative results for patients through plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Bassiri-Tehrani is driven by a deep desire to help others and make a positive impact on their lives. As a medical professional, he is inspired by the transformative power of medicine and its ability to empower individuals to achieve their full potential. Through his extensive training, he discovered a unique opportunity to combine his passion for medicine with his love for aesthetics.
His ultimate goal as a plastic surgeon is to deliver personalized care that not only enhances his patients’ physical appearance, but also improves their overall well-being.
Affliliations & Education
Education & Credentials
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Fellowship (ASAPS Endorsed), Emory Aesthetic Center/MetroDerm
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency, The University of Illinois at Chicago
General Surgery (Residency), Lenox Hill Hospital, Zucker School of Medicine at Northwell/Hofstra
General Surgery (Intern Year), Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard School of Medicine
Graduate, Stony Brook University School of Medicine
Undergraduate, The Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, The City College of New York
Board-certified by the American Board of Surgery
Board-eligible by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & ACTIVITIES
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS) – Candidate Member
Aesthetic Surgery Journal Peer Reviewer, 2022-Present
Core Host: The Loupe Podcast. Plastic Surgery Resident Education Podcast, 2022-Present
American Council of Academic Plastic Surgeons (ACAPS) Social Media Task Force, 2021
Vice President Lenox Hill Hospital House Staff Association, 2017-2018
- Abi-Rafeh J, Hanna S, Bassiri-Tehrani B, Kazan R, Nahai F. Complications Following Facelift and Neck Lift: Implementation and Assessment of Large Language Model and Artificial Intelligence (ChatGPT) Performance Across 16 Simulated Patient Presentations. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2023 Aug 17. doi: 10.1007/s00266-023-03538-1. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 37589944.
- Stewart CM, Bassiri-Tehrani B, Jones HE, Nahai F. Evidence of Hematoma Prevention After Facelift. Aesthet Surg J. 2023 Aug 5:sjad247. doi: 10.1093/asj/sjad247. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 37540899.
- Bassiri-Tehrani B, Abi-Rafeh J, Baker NF, Kerendi AN, Nahai F. Systolic Blood Pressure Less Than 120mmHg is a Safe and Effective Method to Minimize Bleeding After Facelift Surgery: A Review of 502 Consecutive Cases. Aesthet Surg J. 2023 Jul 13:sjad228. doi: 10.1093/asj/sjad228. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 37439229.
- Bassiri-Tehrani B, Cress PE, Unleashing the Power of ChatGPT: Revolutionizing Plastic Surgery and Beyond, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 2023;, sjad135, https://doi.org/10.1093/asj/sjad135
- Nahai F, Bassiri-Tehrani B, Mastering the Craft: Super Star Athletes and Master Surgeons: Are We the same? Do We Differ?, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 2023;, sjad064, https://doi.org/10.1093/asj/sjad064
- Bassiri-Tehrani B. Commentary on: How We Look at Mature Faces – An Eye-Tracking Investigation Into the Perception of Age, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 2022;, sjac256, https://doi.org/10.1093/asj/sjac256
- Bassiri-Tehrani B, Nguyen A, Choudhary A, Guart J, Di Chiaro B, Purnell C. The Effect of Wearing a Mask on Facial Attractiveness, Aesthetic Surgery Journal Open Forum, 2022; ojac070, https://doi.org/10.1093/asjof/ojac070
- Nahai F, Bassiri-Tehrani B, Santosa KB. Hematomas and the Facelift Surgeon: It’s Time for Us to Break Up for Good. Aesthet Surg J. 2023 Jul 12:sjad225. doi: 10.1093/asj/sjad225. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 37437181.
- Lu SM, Waldman LE, Boudiab EM, Lopez CD, Bassiri-Tehrani B, DelMauro MA, Israeli R, Bank J, Machnicki SC, Lerman OZ. Incidence, Impact, and Management of Incidentalomas on Preoperative Computed Tomographic Angiograms for Breast Cancer Patients with and without Genetic Mutations. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2021 Jun 1;147(6):1259-1269. doi: 10.1097/PRS.0000000000007941. PMID: 33974589
- Guart JA, Byers VV, Sasson DC, Bassiri-Tehrani B, Ranzer M, Purnell C. Postoperative Quality of Life in Patients with Hidradenitis Suppurativa Utilizing the Hidradenitis Suppurativa Burden of Disease Tool. Cureus. 2021 Feb 6;13(2):e13172. doi: 10.7759/cureus.13172.
- Bassiri-Tehrani B, Karanetz I, Bernik SF, Dec W, Lehman JC, Lerman OZ. The Timing of Chemoprophylaxis in Autologous Microsurgical Breast Reconstruction. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2018;142(5):1116-1123.
- Bassiri-Tehrani B, Jalil W, Dec W. DIEP Flap Technique for Umbilicus Reconstruction. iMedPub Open Access. 2017; 3:1.
- Margolis NE, Bassiri-Tehrani B, Chhor C, Singer C, Hernandez O, Moy L. Polyacrylamide gel breast augmentation: report of two cases and review of the literature. Clinical Imaging. 2015 May-Jun;39(3):339-43.
- Kvint S, Bassiri-Tehrani B, Pruski A, Nia J, Nemet I, Lopresti M, Perfetti B, Moisello C, Tononi G, Ghilardi MF. Acquisition and retention of motor sequences: the effects of time of the day and sleep. Archives Italiannes de Biologie. 2011 Sep;149(3):303-12.